Sunday, June 3, 2007

Built to Spill, Cat Power and Bob Mould - July 7, 2007

McCarren Pool [7:30 pm] ~$32

Well, this show was a last minute decision that we were glad we made. Casey and I met up with Jamie, Beth, Adam and Brian at McCarren around 8:40 and Cat Power's set was already finished. Needless to say, I was upset about that! Anyway, after a brief appearance by Democracy Now's Amy Goodman, Built to Spill took the stage and gave another great performance. This was my second time seeing Doug and the band and I thought there were excellent. Along with great versions of their own songs, they covered a Brian Eno song. After doing a great job with this song, they played another excellent three to four tracks before the clock struck ten. Overall, it was a great show, but Doug and the crowd seemed ready to keep going were it not for the ten o'clock curfew.

(Oh yeah, McCarren Park fucked with the beer lines again. The lines were annoyingly long, but not as ridiculous as the lines during the Bloc Party show last year. I hope they fix this for the rest of the 07 shows.)

Built To Spill - McCarren Park Pool Setlist - 7/7/07

Liar
Velvet Waltz
Nowhere Nothing Fuckup
Else
Wherever You Go
In The Morning
Third Uncle (Brian Eno Cover)
Car (slow and almost solo version)
Mess With Time
Made-Up Dreams
Time Trap
Carry The Zero


Time Trap - McCarren Park Pool, July 7, 2007

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Since discovering Built to Spill only a year ago I became a big fan. This would be the first time seeing them. But I was a little disapointed. I wasn't so much disappointed in their performance but the venue. It seemed as they had to rush their songs to get done by 10:00. I also didn't feel as if it was loud enough - I expected the show to be rocking more. I think for my first time seeing them it would have been better in an indoor venue.

And yes, waiting on line for two songs to get beer is ridiculous.

What was your favorite live music of 2007!?

Click on the images to go to the original photo sources.